Our vessels are recreational only with mixed ability crews focused on inclusion. Bucket List Experiences for All!
EVERYONE can take the helm and learn to navigate / plan routes - even the most physically limited with head movement only!
Each participant is expected to contribute their talents to the best of their abilities.
Very limited space is available = Sign up on the Waitlist to be contacted.
There is no fee to come aboard, but we request you contribute to your share of costs to the best of your abilities. Possibly by helping fundraise.
Participation Cost Sharing Estimate is $3,000 per person per week
Helps cover Marinas, Fuel, Insurance, Toys, Gear, Equipment, Maintenance
Live & Cruise Onboard while sharing your talents as a volunteer
Captain / Engineer
Caregiver / Steward / Deckhand
Tradesman - Carpenter, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician for project - 1-2 weeks
Now to Nov '19 - St Augustine FL to Jacksonville FL to Savannah GA (~1 week)
Nov. '19 to June '20 - Smugglers Run Southern Florida Loop* (~1 month)
or 1/2 Loop Miami to Key West or the reverse (~2 weeks)
Complete 6000 mile 1 year transit of America's Great Loop* - 2020 or 2021 - up to 4 persons cruise together
Nov. '19 to June '20 - Possible Bahamas Loop - 1 or 2 weeks (Miami to Miami)
*Require 1 Captain / Engineer and 1 Steward / Deckhand
Tentatively Available Late '19 - '20
Sept. / Oct. '19 - Short notice. Lake Michigan, Lake Ontario, Erie Canal, Hudson River, NY to MA, MA to DC, DC to NC, NC to SC, SC to GA, GA to FL
Going through the Canadian Heritage Canals (2 Weeks)
Nov. '19 to June '20 - Smugglers Run Southern Florida Loop* (~1 month) or 1/2 Loop Miami to Key West or the reverse (~2 weeks)
Nov. '19 to June '20 - Bahamas Loop (1 week to 1 month)
Dominican Republic Exploration Excursion - (1-2 months)
*Improvements will likely be in process while cruising
All crew members must be
- Vetted by our director and captain
- 18 years of age to participate independently (exceptions permitted)
- In an emergency, you must be able to float while wearing a life jacket. This may limit participation by individuals on a ventilator to only being onboard when in port (with exceptions).
- Be willing to take orders without argument given by the Captain, First Mate, or Directors and execute to the best of your ability, and explain if unable
- Participate in safety drills and help others to the best of your ability in any emergency
- Perform assigned tasks with a positive, can-do attitude
- Communicate appropriately, and treat all with dignity and courtesy.
- Be positive, willing to learn, and help to the best of your abilities
- Be responsible for own actions and behavior
- Assist with meal preparation and cleanup. Ability to cook is not required, but you must be willing to try, learn, and help
- Assist with keeping the vessel neat, clean, and tidy. Everything must be put back in its place.
- Ask when not sure about how something works or if any procedure is unclear
- Never be under the influence of alcohol or any drug or substance during vessel operations or activities, nor abuse in excess to be a safety hazard to yourself or others
- Must be willing to making a difference and have positive impact by sharing your experiences, how you grew, or how your perspectives were impacted.
- Must sign crew agreement and the membership participation waiver.
- Must complete an information, medical, and emergency contacts form.
- Must have medical / health insurance for duration of participation.
- Must submit personal information for background check if requested.
- Must have transportation to and from Possibilities at the start and end of participation.
- Share all of the photos and videos you take during the experience to use for storytelling, promotion and other mission-related purposes.
- Participate in a final crew photo and group video interview recalling highlights of your experience that will be shared with all crew members and donors or sponsors.
- Complete this personal post-participation survey within 1 month while the experience is fresh in your mind to help us improve. We are happy to sign any participation or community service forms.